Roxicodone is a brand, which sells the generic drug Oxycodone. It is a narcotic medication. This is prescribed to manage average to severe pain. This is a semi-synthetic opioid. It was produced in Germany in 1916. It is synthesized from Thebaine.
This medication is severely addictive. It has numerous chances of being abused. Buy Roxicodone online to get control severe pain and this restricted medicine is only sold under the prescription of a licensed doctor or pharmacist.
Available in Doses:
This medicine is available in a variety of forms and dosages. The doses available in tablet form are
- Roxicodone 5 mg: This is the smallest available dose of Roxicodone. It is a round-shaped, white color tablet, 54 582 written on it.
- Roxicodone 15 mg: It is available in a round-shaped, light green colored tablet. M 15 marked in it.
- Roxicodone 30 mg: Roxicodone 30 mg is the highest dose of it. It is light blue in color, a round-shaped medicine, 54 199 written on it.
How Does It Work?
This is an opioid medicine. It works in the brain and in the Central Nervous System. This puts a stop to the receptor nerves, thus they can not send the sensation of pain to the brain. This helps the brain to change the way it responds to pain. This is how Roxicodone works.
It will start reducing the pain after 15 to 30 minutes of taking the medicine. The effectiveness of this medicine will reach the top after 30 minutes to 1 hour of taking it. It stays active in the system for 4 to 6 hours. The extended-release form tablets stay active for approximately 12 hours. The presence of it can be found in various parts of the body from four days to 90 days after the last use.
How To Use It?
Consume Roxicodone in the exact way you are prescribed by your pharmacist or healthcare provider. You should not take it for more days than directed. You should not increase or decrease the doses of this medicine on your own.
This is taken orally. If you are using the liquid form, then get yourself an exact measurement cup. Take the accurately measured dose you are advised to take.
Use of it should not be stopped promptly, this will give serious withdrawal issues. One should consult their doctor before stopping the use of this.
Roxicodone 5 mg is the initial dose given to the patient on the starting days of the treatment. The doctor will increase or decrease the dose by seeing the response.
These tablets should not be crushed, broken, or chewed.
Most Common Side Effects:
Taking Roxicodone can cause some side effects. Some of them are very dangerous side effects others are normally less risky side effects.
Non-risky side effects are;
- Stomach pain,
Dangerous side effects are;
- Noisy breathing, sighing
- Shallow breathing, breathing that stops during sleep
- A slow heart rate or weak pulse
- Unusual thoughts or behavior
- Seizure (convulsions)
- Low cortisol levels – nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, dizziness
- Worsening tiredness or weakness
- High levels of serotonin in the body – agitation, hallucinations, fever, sweating, shivering
- Fast heart rate, muscle stiffness, twitching, loss of coordination, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
If you experience any of these above symptoms then do not take it anymore. Consult your health care provider immediately. Also, seek urgent treatment.
Visit your healthcare provider instantly and do not take it, if you are getting allergies like hives, swelling of the face, neck, or lips, or trouble breathing.
Missed Dose And Overdose:
This is a painkiller, so if you miss a dose you will feel pain. Take the forgotten dose as quickly as you remember. Do not take the forgotten medicine if the next usual dose time is close to the time. It will be overdosed and fatal.
Do not take more than one dose at a time if you are not prescribed to do so. It will overdose. Overdose of Roxicodone will have symptoms like passing out, slow breathing, slow heartbeat, coma, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, sweating, stomach or abdominal pain, extreme tiredness, yellowing eyes and skin, and dark urine. In these cases, take Naloxone if possible. Then seek immediate medical attention, consult your doctor or you can call the poison help center.
Warnings And Precautions:
A person having asthma or breathing issues or blockage in the stomach and intestine should not use Roxicodone.
Before taking it, tell your doctor if you have the following health issues;
- Impaired GI motility
- Infectious diarrhea
- Liver disease
- Acute alcohol intoxication
- Drug dependence
- Gastrointestinal obstruction
- Intracranial pressure
- Respiratory depression
- Adrenal insufficiency
- Biliary spasm
- Renal dysfunction
- Seizure disorders
- Urinary retention
- Head injury
- Drug or alcohol addiction
Using this medicine during pregnancy can cause dangerous withdrawal symptoms in the baby after they are born. This will need treatment for many days. This passes through breast milk and consuming it, the baby will develop a dependence on opioids which will lead to various problems. So, if you are pregnant, going to be pregnant, or are a breastfeeding mother then visit your doctor before taking this pain killer.
This can lead to some serious fatal issues if interacted with some other medicines like;
- Cold or allergy medicines,
- Bronchodilator asthma, COPD medication, a diuretic
- Medicines for motion sickness, irritable bowel syndrome, or overactive bladder,
- Other opioids – opioid pain medicine or prescription cough medicine,
- A sedative like Valium – diazepam, alprazolam, lorazepam, Xanax, Klonopin, Versed,
- Drugs that make you sleepy or slow your breathing – a sleeping pill, muscle relaxer,
- Medicine to treat mood disorders or mental illness,
- Drugs that affect serotonin levels in your body – a stimulant, or medicine for depression,
- Antifungal medication,
- Heart or blood pressure medication,
- Seizure medication,
- Medicine to treat HIV or hepatitis C.
Never consume alcohol or alcoholic substances while using Roxicodone.
Keep this medicine in a cool, dry place at room temperature. Moisture and direct sunlight can damage the medicines, so keep away from those. Keep the tablets in an airtight container. Children should stay away from this. Through away in the garbage the expired and unused medicines in a place that children and animals can not reach there.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the strengths of Roxicodone?
Roxicodone is an instant-release tablet. It has strengths like Roxicodone 5 mg, Roxicodone 15 mg, and Roxicodone 30 mg. Roxicodone 5 mg is the lowest available dose of it. It is used for initial treatment.
Is the medication immediate-release?
Yes, Roxicodone is an immediate-release tablet of the generic drug Oxycodone. Oxycodone is available in extended-release form as Oxycontin.