Oxycodone is both the brand name and generic name of the drug. It is used to get relief from average to extreme pain. It goes under the classification of drugs known as opioid analgesics. In Germany, Oxycodone was first produced in 1969. It is a derivative form of Thebaine.
Buy Oxycodone Online to get all doses of medicine with your doctor’s prescription. This medicine is not used for any kind of normal pain, it is only prescribed for extreme pain such as cancer pain, after-surgery pain, or pain from serious injury. It is not used for long-term pain.
Oxycodone is available in different dosages and forms. They are ;
- Oxycodone 5 mg: It is the lowest dose of Oxycodone. This is a round-shaped orange in color tablet, with NP written on one side and 11 written on another side.
- Oxycodone 10 mg: This is a pink-colored round-shaped tablet, NP wrote on one side and 12 written on another side of this tablet.
- Oxycodone 15 mg: Oxycodone 15 mg is available in light green colored round tablets. It has 187 written on it.
- Oxycodone 20 mg: This is a round-shaped, light blue-colored tablet, with 371 written on it.
- Oxycodone 30 mg: It is a light blue-colored round-shaped tablet. It has 224 written on it.
- Oxycodone 40 mg: This is a yellow-colored medicine available in a round-shaped tablet. It has written OP on one side and 40 on the other side of the tablet.
- Oxycodone 60 mg: This dose is available in red color, round-shaped tablet. OP and 60 are written on two different sides of it.
- Oxycodone 80 mg: Oxycodone 80 mg is the highest dose of Oxycodone. This is a light green colored, round-shaped tablet, OP has written on one side and 80 written on another side of the tablet.
This medicine also comes in liquid form, Extended-Release form, and capsule form.
How Does It Work?
Oxycodone works in the nervous system and the brain. It helps to stop the messages of pain from reaching the brain. Thus it helps the brain by stopping the feeling of pain. This leads to a pain-free sensation in the body.
How To Use It:
This is an opioid medication. So take it as the exact way you are directed by your doctor. Do not take a lot of it or less of it. This medicine is taken orally. Your doctor will tell you whether you have to take it with food or without food. For moderate pain, you have to take the lower doses of it but for severe pain, you will be directed to take the larger doses. Your Oxycodone medication will be under the supervision of your physician.
If you are taking the liquid form of this medicine, then use a proper measuring cup to measure the exact amount of dose you are told to take. Do not crush, break or chew these tablets.
Oxycodone has some usual side effects and some life-risking side effects. After using this medicine if you experience any side effects this medicine, you to your doctor for medical treatment.
Common Side Effects are as such;
- Dry mouth
- Stomach pain
- Mood changes
Such Life-Risking Side effects are as such;
- Changes in the heartbeat
- Agitation, hallucinations (seeing things or hearing voices that do not exist), fever, sweating, confusion, fast heartbeat, shivering, severe muscle stiffness or twitching, loss of coordination, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
- Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, weakness, or dizziness.
- Inability to get or keep an erection
- Irregular menstruation
- Decreased sexual desire
- Chest pain
- Swelling of the face, throat, tongue, lips, eyes, hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
- Extreme drowsiness
- Lightheadedness when changing positions
If you feel any of these above side effects, then stop taking this medicine and seek emergency medical attention and instantly consult your doctor.
Missed A Dose:
You will feel pain from the missed dose as this is a pain reliever. If you are a regular user of this medicine and you missed a dose. Then take the medicine as soon as you remember. But the medicine-taking time should not be nearer to the time of your next dose.
Do not take multiple doses or doses more than you are told to take. Overdose of this medication can cause fatal side effects. If someone has overdosed on it they may feel a slow heartbeat, coma, or trouble breathing.
In case someone has consumed an overdose then give them Naloxone to take if available. In this immediately consult a doctor or call the poison help center.
Warnings And Precautions:
Tell your doctor if you are allergic to the use of it and do not take Oxycodone. Tell your physician about your previous medical conditions and currently undergoing treatment for any of your health issues.
- You should mention if you ever have breathing problems, or blockage in your stomach or intestine while prescribing Oxycodone.
- Consult your doctor if you are a pregnant woman, going to be pregnant, or a breastfeeding mother.
- Do not work with heavy machines or drive while going under this medication.
- If you have seizures, Addison’s disease, low blood pressure, or urethral problems, then you should not take this medicine and mention it to your doctor.
The impact of this medicine may increase or decrease if it is mixed up with other medicines. There can be some serious issues if it interacts with certain medicines, such as; butorphanol, nalbuphine, pentazocine, naltrexone, said orphan, Hydrocodone, alprazolam, lorazepam, zolpidem, carisoprodol, cyclobenzaprine, cetirizine, diphenhydramine, etc.
Do not consume any alcoholic substances or marijuana while taking this medicine.
No one should eat grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice with this medicine.
Store these medicines in a place away from moisture and direct sunlight at room temperature. Keep this out of the reach and vision of children. Dispose of the unused and expired medicines in a place where any animal or children could not reach.
Frequently Asked Questions ( FAQs)
What is Oxycodone used for?
Oxycodone is used to treat moderate to severe pain such as pain from cancer, after-surgery pain, or pain from serious injuries. This is an opioid medication. This is sold only with prescriptions.
Does Oxycodone make you sleepy?
Yes, Oxycodone makes you sleepy. Among others, some most common side effects of it are constipation, sick feeling, and experiencing sleepy behavior.
Is Oxycodone the same as Percocet?
No, Oxycodone and Percocet are not the same. Oxycodone is the single substance while Percocet contains Oxycodone and acetaminophen.
Which is stronger Hydrocodone or Oxycodone?
Both Hydrocodone and Oxycodone work with the same effectiveness. Both are used for moderate to severe pain. Your doctor prescribes you the correct medicines according to your pain.