A pain relief medicine is sold under the brand name, Percocet. This is a combination medicine of two drugs namely Oxycodone and Acetaminophen. It goes under the class of drugs known as opioid analgesics. This is used to treat average to extreme pain. It helps to manage pain from cancer, after surgery pain, or pain from any serious injury. Hydrocodone-acetaminophen was used in 1982 in the USA.
Oxycodone works as a powerful pain reliever. Acetaminophen is a mild painkiller but it helps by increasing the effect of Oxycodone. Acetaminophen also helps to lessen fever. So this medication is sometimes used to lessen fever caused by pain.
Buy Percocet online for the maximum pain relief medicine and it is restricted medicine for children.
A variety of doses and forms of Percocet are available. The doses are
- Percocet 5-325 mg: This is the lowest dose of Percocet. It is a blue-colored round-shaped medicine, PERCOCET and 5 written on it.
- Percocet 7.5-325 mg: It is a light pink-colored, oval-shaped tablet. It has PERCOCET written on one side and 7.5/325 written on another side of the tablet.
- Percocet 7.5-500 mg: Percocet 7.5-500 mg is a light orange-colored oval-shaped tablet, PERCOCET and 7.5 are written on two different sides of it.
- Percocet 10-325 mg: This medicine is light yellow in color and oval in shape. It has written PERCOCET on one side and 10/325 on the other side of the tablet.
How Does It Work?
It works by binding the opioid receptors in the brain, Central Nervous System, spinal cord, or stomach. This helps to reduce the amount of pain. It also helps the brain to increase the amount of Dopamine secretion. Dopamine makes the brain calm and happy, this way the brain changes the way of responding to pain.
Take Percocet as the exact way you are directed by your pharmacist or healthcare provider. Do not take for a longer period than prescribed. You should not increase or decrease the doses of this medicine on your own.
This is taken orally. If you are using the liquid form, then get yourself an exact measurement cup. Take the accurately measured dose you are advised to take.
The use of Percocet should not be stopped promptly, this will give serious withdrawal issues. One should consult their doctor before stopping the use of this.
The Most Side Effects Are Seen:
There are some less harmful usual side effects of using Percocet, those are;
- Dizziness, drowsiness, feeling tired
- Constipation, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain
- Blurred vision
- Itching, red eyes, or flushing
- Feelings of extreme happiness or sadness
- Dry mouth
Percocet does have also some risky, life-taking side effects, like;
- Noisy breathing, sighing, shallow breathing, breathing that stops during sleep
- Slow heartbeat, weak pulse
- Cold, clammy skin
- Weakness, tiredness, fever, unusual bruising, or bleeding
- Confusion, unusual thoughts, or behavior
- Problems with urination
- signs of liver problems including nausea, upper stomach pain tiredness, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes)
- Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, dizziness, worsening tiredness or weakness
- High levels of serotonin in the body – agitation, hallucinations, fever, sweating, shivering
- Fast heart rate, muscle stiffness, twitching, loss of coordination, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
If you experience these above conditions after consuming this medicine, then stop taking it and consult your healthcare provider instantly.
Missed A Dose:
This is a painkiller, so if you miss a dose you will feel pain. Take the forgotten dose as quickly as you remember. But if the time is nearer to the next usual dose then do not take it, otherwise, it may lead to overdose.
Do not take more than one dose at a time if you are not prescribed to do so. Overdose of Percocet will have symptoms like passing out, slow breathing, slow heartbeat, coma, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, sweating, stomach/abdominal pain, extreme tiredness, yellowing eyes, and skin, and dark urine. In these cases, take Naloxone if possible. Then seek immediate medical attention, consult your doctor or you can call the poison help center.
Warnings And Precautions:
No one should take Percocet if they have recently consumed alcohol or any kind of alcoholic substance. Percocet mixed with alcohol can lead to some dangerous issues in the body.
Tell your doctor about your previous medical history of diseases. Percocet can affect some diseases. Those diseases are
- Breathing problems
- Sleep apnea
- Liver disease
- A drug or alcohol addiction
- Kidney disease
- A head injury or seizures
- Urination problems
- Problems with your thyroid, pancreas, or gallbladder
Do not try this medication if you are suffering from issues like severe asthma or breathing problems or a blockage in your stomach or intestines.
If you are a pregnant woman or going to be pregnant then consult your doctor about it. Taking this medicine during pregnancy can lead to some unusual withdrawal issues in the baby after birth. Suddenly stopping the use of this medicine can impact on the health of both mother and the baby, talk to your doctor about decreasing the dose.
This can pass through the breast milk, talk to your physician if you are a breastfeeding mother or going to breastfeed.
Some other medicines can have an impact on the effectiveness of this medicine. Those medicines are
- Cold or allergy medicines
- Bronchodilator asthma/COPD medication
- Medicines for motion sickness
- Irritable bowel syndrome, overactive bladder
- Other opioids – opioid pain medicine, prescription cough medicine,
- A sedative like Valium – diazepam, alprazolam, lorazepam, Xanax, Klonopin, Versed
- Drugs that make you sleepy or slow your breathing – a sleeping pill muscle relaxer, medicine to treat mood disorders or mental illness,
- Drugs that affect serotonin levels in your body – a stimulant
- Medicine for depression
- Migraine headaches
- Serious infections, nausea, and vomiting
Consult your physician if you are taking antibiotics, antifungal medication, heart or blood pressure medication, seizure medication, or medicine to treat HIV or hepatitis C. This can have some serious problems when mixed up with each other.
Store this medicine in an airtight box. Keep it in a cool, dry place away from moisture and direct sunlight at room temperature. Keep these medicines out of the reach and sight of children. Dispose of the unused and expired medicines in a way and in a place that children and animals can not get them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Is it opioid or narcotic?
Percocet is a combination of Oxycodone and Acetaminophen. Oxycodone is an opioid medication. Opioid medicines are called narcotics sometimes. Hence Percocet can be called a narcotic.
What is Percocet’s drug name?
Percocet is used to get relief from average to severe pain. This is a combination of two drugs namely Oxycodone and acetaminophen. It goes under the opioid analgesics class of drugs.
Are Percocet and acetaminophen the same?
No, Percocet and acetaminophen are not the same. Percocet does contain acetaminophen, but also it has Oxycodone along with it.
Do these pills make you sleepy?
Yes, These pills can make you feel sleepy. The common side effect of taking this medicine is drowsiness or dizziness. So there is a maximum chance of feeling sleepy after taking it.