Luvox is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of social anxiety disorder (SAD) and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) in adults and children above 8 years old. The brand name Luvox is marketed under Luvox CR, Fluvoxamine, and Fluvoxamine Maleate in the USA. It helps decrease unwanted thoughts is obsessions.
Buy Luvox online to help to reduce the urge to perform repeated tasks (compulsions such as checking, hand-washing, counting) and this behavior interferes with daily living in society.
How Does It Work?
The generic drug of Luvox is Fluvoxamine which belongs to a class of drugs called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). It helps in increasing the amount of a chemical in your brain called serotonin that helps to treat the symptoms of obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Staying In Your System-
This medicine does not stay in your body for long. It depends on several factors of the patient as age, gender, medical conditions, etc. quickly leaving the drug in your system. It will show up in urine and blood tests within a short period. It is absolutely out of your system within 5 to 7 days.
Who Shouldn’t Take The Medicine?
Luvox is medicine for kids between 8 to 17 years of age, who are experiencing the symptoms of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). But there is no available data on safety and effectiveness for children under the age of 8 years. So, it should not recommend for children under 8 years of age.
People who take certain medications like heart or blood pressure medicines should avoid taking Luvox.
Proper Use Of Luvox:
Follow all directions on your prescription label and read all medication guides or instruction sheets. You take Luvox exactly as prescribed.
Do not use it in less, more amounts, or longer than recommended. If you are prescribed to use Luvox 50 mg by your doctor, then take Luvox 50 only, and the same with Luvox 100 mg.
Swallow the capsule as a whole and do not crush, chew, break, or open it. You should take it at bedtime, with or without food. Your doctor may occasionally change in dose as needed. It will improve in condition when you take it regularly at an exact time.
You should go to your doctor if you have any changes in sexual function, such as loss of interest in sex, problems with erections, or ejaculation.
Side Effects :
Like all medications, Luvox has also shown its side effects. Many of the following common side effects will go away within one to two weeks:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Appetite and taste changes
- Dry mouth
- Difficulty falling asleep,
- Weight loss
- Stomach pain
- Sexual dysfunction
Children who take it may also experience the following side effects:
- Skin rash
- Excess gas
- Manic episodes
- Heavy periods
If you are concerned about severe side effects, please talk with a doctor or healthcare provider.
Precautions And Warning:
Before taking any medicine, you should take precautions on it. They are as follows:
- You should store It in a closed airtight container at room temperature.
- Always avoid the heat, moisture, and direct light on it.
- You should keep your medicine box in a safe place where no children and pets can reach it.
- You never keep outdated medicine or medicine no longer needed.
- Before taking this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it.
- It may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
It is important to make aware of using Luvox while treating depression and anxiety. Ignorance can worsen the situation. The medicine has not recommended for patients with:
- Liver or kidney disease
- Low sodium levels in the blood
- Sexual problems
- History of bipolar disorder
- Heart disease, high blood pressure
- History of drug addiction
You should take a medical check-up if you fall above the category.
Some food and medicine interaction has bad side effects on your system. You should go to your family doctor if you feel uneasy after interacting with food and drug. Such as:
- You should not take Luvox with Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs) within two weeks.
- The medicine with Thioridazine, Pimozide, Alosetron, Tizanidine, and Ramelteon lead to confusion, high blood pressure, tremor, and increased activity.
- You should not take it with any other anxiety medicine thinking that this medicine has not cured your mental health. Such medicine as Xanax, Klonopin, Valium, etc.
- If you take Luvox with Tryptophan or Tramadol, it increases serotonin in the brain to increase reactions.
- The doctor is not advised to consume alcohol with Luvox. You may fall into danger in your life.
- You should not consume grapefruit juice and pomegranate juice along with Luvox. It increases the level of Luvox in the blood. So, try to avoid the consumption of grapefruit or pomegranate juice with Luvox.
Missed Dose And Overdose Of Luvox:
Sometimes you forget to take a dose is called the missing dose of this medicine. You should take it as soon as you remember. Do not take two medicine for a missed one. It is considered an overdose. If you take more than the doctor’s prescription, it harms your body.
You can feel serious side effects like confusion, vomiting, sweating, twitching of muscles, unconsciousness, seizures, hallucinations, etc, after taking an overdose of medicine.
Go to your doctor immediately after indications of severe symptoms if someone has consumed an overdose.
Addiction & Withdrawal:
This medication is a heavy influence on neurotransmitters. It can lead to physical dependence in patients who are actively using it. Like other SSRIs, Luvox increases serotonin levels in the brain. It is most difficult to stop using the drug when you are addicted to Luvox.
You never give up this medicine without consulting, even if you feel better.
Many of the withdrawal symptoms are associated with you, it may include:
- Body aches
- Headaches and pains
Some other symptoms of Luvox withdrawal can affect your mental health or physical body:
- Sleeping problems
- Inability to concentrate
- Balance problems
It has shown that most people’s Luvox withdrawal symptoms last several weeks. The symptoms vary from person to person based on the length of time and dosage taken.
Your doctor and physician help to safe way to withdraw the drug. They advise you gradually decrease in dose along with a balanced diet, nutrition guidance, yoga, physical exercise, and ongoing emotional support.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Luvox cause weight gain?
In research, it does not have too many weight-related side effects after taking Luvox. But in some cases, people gain or lose weight while taking the medication. It varies from person to person according to health and mental condition.
Can you drink alcohol while you’re taking the drug?
Doctors always advise you should not drink alcohol when you’re taking SSRIs like Luvox. Because the combination of the two can worsen side effects like sleepiness, confusion, and dizziness.
How long should the medicine be used?
In general, doctors prescribe the dose of Luvox initially lower dose for one to two weeks. It may change according to the patient’s physical condition. For recurring symptoms, It can be continued up to two years or more.