Lexapro is an anti-depressant and anti-anxiety medicine. Its generic drug is Escitalopram. This goes under the class of drugs known as Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. In 2002, It was allowed for medicinal use in the USA. This drug was first introduced in 1980.
This is not a controlled substance. It is not addictive and can’t be abused. It’s safe to use for a long period.
Buy Lexapro Online for the decrease in social anxiety disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, and migraines.
Lexapro is available in tablet form. It has a variety of strengths available, such as;
- Lexapro 1mg: It is a white-colored, round-shaped medicine. This is the lowest available dose of Lexapro.
- Lexapro 5 mg: This is a white-colored tablet in a round shape. It has 5 written on one side of it.
- Lexapro 10 mg: Lexapro 10 mg is a white-colored medicine. It is round in shape and has 10 written on one side of it. It also has a line debossed in the middle of it.
- Lexapro 15 mg: This medicine is white in color and round in shape. It has 15 written on one side of the tablet.
- Lexapro 20 mg: It is a white-colored and oval-shaped medicine.
- Lexapro 30 mg: Lexapro 30 mg is the largest available dose of Lexapro. It is a white-colored tablet in an oval shape.
It works by affecting the secretion of a neurotransmitter known as serotonin. Lexapro helps in restoring the balance of this hormone. The hormone works for sleep, mood, and other bodily functions. This helps to reduce stress and anxiety and uplifts mood. This way it also helps to suppress depression. The medicine will enhance the way you think about life and it may make you feel interested in life.
How To Use It?
Use of this medicine should be done in the exact way you are directed to use it by your doctor or healthcare provider. Do not increase or decrease the doses on your own. Your doctor will change the doses in the necessary conditions.
It is taken orally. Usually, this is taken once a day. The dosage varies from person to person. Normally, it is decided according to the patient’s age, other medical conditions, and response to the treatment.
You should not stop the use of this medication promptly. It will have withdrawal symptoms like headache, tiredness, mood swings, sleep changes, and briefs similar to electric shock. So you should consult your doctor if you want to stop this medication.
Like every medicine, It does have some side effects. Some of the side effects are casual and non-risky whereas some of them are very dangerous.
Some casual side effects are ;
- Painful urination
- Anxious feeling
- Heavy menstrual flow
- Dry mouth
- Increased thirst
- Loss of appetite
- Shaky feeling
- Decreased sex drive
- Increased muscle movement
Serious risky side effects that can cause by the use of it are;
- Eye swelling,
- Eye pain,
- Pain or burning while urinating,
- Blurred vision,
- Tunnel vision,
- Feeling extreme happy or sad,
- Racing thoughts,
- Slow growth or weight gain in children,
- Unusual risk-taking behavior,
- Low levels of sodium in the body -headache, confusion, slurred speech,
- Severe nervous system reaction – rigid muscles, high fever, sweating, fast or uneven heartbeats, tremors, etc.
If you experience any serious issues, stop taking it and consult your doctor immediately. You also need to visit your doctor if the casual side effects do not go away or bother you.
Missed A Dose?
If you have forgotten to take a dose in the directed time then take it as soon as you remembered. But if the time is nearer to the time to take the next dose, then do not consume the skipped dose. Take the usual dose.
Overdosing of this medicine can have serious indications like a fast heartbeat, trouble breathing, vomiting, dizziness, coma, seizures, etc. If someone has consumed an overdose and is going through such symptoms, then immediately take them to a doctor for urgent treatment or call the poison help center.
Warnings And Precautions-
Before using this medicine, you should tell him all about yourself. Your doctor guides you on what should do or not.
- Some Children below 12 years can not use this medicine.
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to this or to citalopram.
- Avoid driving or operating heavy machines while consuming this medicine.
- Alcohol or marijuana is not allowed to take with it.
- Pregnant women should not use this medicine. In extremely necessary conditions, they can use it with their doctor’s approval. If you got pregnant or planning to be pregnant during this medication, you need to consult your doctor.
- This passes through breast milk. If you are a breastfeeding mother then talk to your healthcare provider about it.
There are certain diseases that can get worse and can affect health conditions with the consumption of this medicine. Your doctor needs to know about the diseases before prescribing this medicine to you. Those diseases are;
- Liver disease
- Platelet function
- Renal dysfunction
- Seizure disorder
- Weight loss
Store this medicine in a cool, dry place at room temperature. Moisture and direct sunlight can damage the medicines, so keep away from those. Keep the tablets in an airtight container. Children should stay away from this. Doctors always advise you to not take expired and unused medicines. You should through away in a safe place that children and animals can not reach there.
There are some other medicines that can have an impact on the effectiveness of this medicine. Some medicines can cause various serious issues in the body when interacting with Lexapro. Such medicines are;
You should inform your doctor if you are going through any of the above medications.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Lexapro make you feel weird at first?
It may make you feel weird at first due to its side effects. But it will not last long. The weird or worst feeling will decrease gradually. It may take after 2 to 3 weeks to get rid of the weird or worst feelings.
How do you know if the medicine is working for anxiety?
You can check it by yourself. If you are feeling relaxed or less anxious than your previous days, it means Lexapro is working. You can watch it by yourself. If you can not feel the progress, maintain a diary.
How Long Does It Stay In The Body?
Lexapro starts its work within a few hours of its consumption. Its effectiveness peaks within 5 hours. Some of it can be found in various body parts for 5 to 6 days after the last use. It needs some special test to get it.
What is the success rate of Lexapro?
The response rate to this medicine is 76.9%, 63.7%, and 63.0%, in mild, moderate, and moderate-severe subgroups respectively. The overall response and remission rates after escitalopram monotherapy were 68.4% and 46.4%, respectively.