Celexa is a prescription medication used to treat adults with panic disorder. This medicine belongs to the class of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI). Different doses are available for the patient, such as Celexa 5 mg, Celexa 20 mg, Celexa 30 mg, Celexa 40 mg, and Celexa 60 mg. Before taking the tablet, follow the doctor’s prescription. You should take an exact quantity of medicine. Order Celexa online on Careskit with great discounts providing unlimited and exciting coupon codes on every purchase.
Showing all 5 results
Celexa is the brand name for a generic drug called Citalopram. It is sold in the U.S. market. Celexa is a group of drugs called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). It is a prescription medicine used to treat major depressive disorder, anxiety and panic disorder, Psychosis, and Depressive Features. Buy Celexa online for the improvement of your energy level and feelings of well-being.
How Does Medicine Work?
Celexa works by increasing the amount of serotonin in the Central Nervous System(CNS) and brain that helps maintain mental balance. It improves your mood, relieves anxiety, relieves tension, and helps you sleep at night. You may feel fewer side effects than other antidepressants.
Celexa is available in tablet and solution forms that takes 4-6 weeks to get a better result.
Celexa Stay In The Body:
Different drugs affect the patients differently. It also depends upon some factors to stay in your body. This medication works a short half-life, lasting around 35 hours in different parts of our body. The experts estimate that it can take up to 10-14 days to leave the body.
How To Take It?
This is an oral tablet used to treat the symptoms of depression. The dosage of the medicine and how often you take the drug will depend on such factors:
- Age and gender of the patient,
- The health condition of the patient is treated,
- The severity of your mental conditions,
- Other medical conditions,
- The reaction of the first dose.
Read this medication guide prescribed by your doctor carefully.
You should take the exact prescribed dose as it has various dosages available such as; Celexa 5 mg, Celexa 20 mg, Celexa 30 mg, Celexa 40 mg, and Celexa 60 mg. You should not take an extra dose without your doctor’s advice. Take it with or without food.
Some side effects of the patient after consuming Celexa are common and some of them are severe side effects.
The common effects are as such:
- Urination problems
Some dangerous side effects are;
- Unusual Behaviour
- Stomach upset
- Dry mouth
- loss of appetite
- Dark urine
- Painful or difficult urination
- Chest pain
- Trouble breathing
- Stomach pain
Go to a medical check-up in case you feel any severe side effects.
Missed A Dose?
Do not forget to take medicine frequently. If you forget accidentally to take a dose, you can take it as soon as you remember on the same day. You should skip the dose if it is the next day and take it as usual. Do not double doses to make over the forgotten dose.
You can feel serious indications like agitation, confusion, flushing, vomiting, sweating, twitching of muscles, unconsciousness, seizures, hallucinations, etc, after taking an overdose of medicine. If someone has consumed an overdose, go to your doctor immediately after indications of severe symptoms.
Addiction To The Medicine:
You may develop psychological addiction after taking Celexa for a long. The increase of dopamine and serotonin in the brain can occur when you take Celexa for a long. It leads to a psychological addiction that has physical addiction symptoms.
Some common addiction symptoms include:
- Weight gain
- Chronic itchiness
- Painful headaches
- Trembling or shakiness of the body
- Disorder in menstrual cycle for women
- Muscles ache
- Sexual dysfunction
- Relational problems
- Neglect his responsibilities like work, school, family
Withdrawal To Medication:
You should not stop Celexa without your doctor’s prescription. You feel Celexa withdrawal after a week of giving it up. It causes severe symptoms such as anxiety, irritability, high or low mood, restlessness, changes in sleep habits, headache, sweating, nausea, dizziness, shaking, or confusion.
Consult your doctor on how to reduce the dose without any side effects.
Before taking any new medicine, prescription or non-prescription discuss it with your doctor or pharmacist. It includes food supplements and herbal products. You should not use Celexa with other medications, such as
- Buspirone, Fentanyl, Duragesic, Lithium, Methylene blue injection, Tryptophan
- Pain or migraine medicines (Rizatriptan, Sumatriptan, Tramadol, Frova, Imitrex, Ultram, Zomig)
- Heart medicine
- Blood Pressure medicine
- Sleeping medicines Ambien, Halcion, Restoril
You should tell your doctor about your current health conditions as well as the previous medical history of you and your family before prescribing this medicine to you.
- Keep this medication in a tight air container.
- You should remember that It can not reach your children and pets.
- This medicine should store at room temperature with avoiding excess heat and moisture.
- Dispose of any medication in a safe place of outdated medicine.
- Do not drink alcohol-related drinks while taking this medicine.
- Driving a motorcycle or any vehicle is prohibited during taking this medicine.
- You should not do any heavy work after taking it.
- Take a rest after consuming the medicine.
- You should not use it in larger or smaller amounts longer than recommended.
- Without consulting your doctor, you should not stop taking it, even if you feel better.
Some diseases can get severe and affect your body badly by using this medicine. Those diseases are;
- Liver disease
- Urinary retention
- Psychiatric disorder
- Cardiac disorder
- Bipolar disorder
If you feel any above side effects in your body talk to your doctor before consuming this medicine.
Warnings For This Group:
Different groups are restricted to take this medication. The doctor should not allow these groups for taking Celexa. such groups are:
- Pregnancy: If you plan on becoming pregnant, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using this medicine.
- Nursing to the baby: If the woman takes it during the lactating stage, it is dangerous to you and your baby.
- Children: You should not give your children less than the age of 18 years without consulting your doctor.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Celexa a narcotic?
No, Celexa isn’t a narcotic substance. It’s also not in the class of benzodiazepine drugs. Celexa is a type of medication called a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor that is used to treat depression by regulating the serotonin in the brain.
Are Xanax and Celexa the same at work?
Both the medicine Celexa and Xanax are working for the treatment of less anxiety and lower depression. But Celexa and Xanax belong to different drug classes. Celexa is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) type antidepressant, Xanax belongs to a group of medications i.e. Alprazolam, a Benzodiazepine.
How long does Celexa take to peak?
Usually, this prescribed medicine is used for the treatment of anxiety and lower depression. It stays for up to 12 hours in our body. After taking this medication it will take its effects within 1 hour. Its effects gradually go down after 5 to 9 hours.