Codeine is a brand name of Antitussives. This medicine belongs to a class of drugs known as Opioid Analgesics. It relieves mild to moderate pain. This drug is an opiate and is used for relief from various conditions, including:
- Severe physical pain (pain of cancer patients)
- Dry irritating cough
- Cold and flu
Buy Codeine online that works directly on opioid receptors in the central nervous system to relieve pain. If you are feeling any severe pain in your body, stop using this medicine and take advice from your doctor.
Codeine Work In Your System:
Codeine is used to relieve severe pain such as the pain of cancer patients, and surgery pain, and also to reduce the coughing of the patient. The codeine enters the body through the digestive system and mixes with the bloodstream. It induces the signals in the brain and the central nervous system which makes the patient low in pain. The patient feels relaxed from the pain.
Safe Use This Medication:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist to understand how to take this medication and its effects. Take Codeine orally and swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. This pill does not crush, lick and chew or break. The doses and duration of Codeine are determined by the doctor based on your gender, age, health condition, and level of pain. You may take this medication with or without food. If you feel nausea, you may take it with food. Usually, it is taken every 4 to 6 hours of duration.
Who Should Avoid?
The person who is expressing the following side effects while taking medicine, such as:
You feel allergic to Acetaminophen Hydrocodone, or any other medications. Recently you are consuming alcohol, sedatives, tranquilizers, other narcotic medications, etc. it may be dangerous for drug interaction to occur.
Side Effects Of Codeine:
Codeine is an opioid drug class pain reliever. Common side effects of the medication include:
- Weight Loss
- Skin reaction
- Dark urine
- Stomach pain
- Muscle pain
- Dry mouth
- First heartbeat
Get medical help right away if the patient feels any of the above severe side effects.
Symptoms Of Overdose:
If the patient accidentally takes two pills rather than one pill, he may feel a Codeine overdose. The symptom of an overdose is as follows:
- Slurred speech
- Loss of consciousness
- Slow breathing
- Cold and clammy skin
- Acute abdominal conditions
- Respiratory depression
- Extreme fatigue
- Become unconscious
He should go to the doctor for immediate medical care if the patient falls in a severe condition.
Addiction To The Medication:
Codeine is an addiction to medicine if you have used it for a long time. It may cause serious side effects. According to age, gender, disease, or any medical history, the reaction to medicine varies among people.
Basic signs of Codeine addiction such as:
- Cannot stop using Codeine
- A strong craving for using Codeine
- Confidence level low
- Feeling Drowsiness
- Shouting while talking with others
- Poor decision-making
- Mood swings
- Lowered motivation
- Anxiety attacks
- Buy Codeine at any cost
- Never take part in any party
- Change in appetite
- Disrupted sleep patterns
- Slurred speech
- Poor coordination
- Problems with concentration
- Impaired memory
- Poor judgment
- Using other prescriptions, the patient attempts to borrow or steal Codeine
If you are experiencing any serious problems that change in behavior of your body, consult your doctor.
Treatment For It:
Tell all the information about yourself comfortably like addiction to medication, food habits, level of pain, etc. The doctor will guide you accordingly. He can prescribe certain medicines and therapy to help you overcome Codeine addiction. Therapy as such Individual Therapy, Trauma Therapy, Group Therapy, etc.
Without taking any advice from your doctor, it is difficult to stop this medication. If you suddenly stop taking Codeine, you may experience withdrawal symptoms such as Restlessness, Irritability, Anxiety, Runny nose, Difficulty falling asleep, Sweating, Fast breathing, Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Stomach cramps, Muscle aches, backache, etc. Your doctor may decrease your dose gradually for avoiding the withdrawal symptoms of the medication.
Tell your doctor right away if the patient experiences any of the above symptoms.
Any Food Restrictions With Codeine:
Sometimes drugs are not safe for the patient while he is taking Codeine. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbal medication.
- Avoid sudden increase or decrease in foods rich in vitamin K i.e. green leafy vegetables, green tea, butter, cheese, and multivitamins.
- Avoid drinking alcohol and caffeine. It may increase dizziness and the risk of life.
- It is restricted to drinking grapefruit juice.
- If you take alcohol and Codeine at the same time, the effects can be dangerous.
- Interactions with MDMA drugs are dangerous for the human body.
- If you take Heroin, it slows down your central nervous system which affects every organ in your body as well as your mood.
These food or drugs mixed can cause unconsciousness, coma, or death. Go immediately to the doctor if you feel any of this situation.
Warnings And Precautions:
- Follow proper instructions whenever taking the Methadone.
- Before taking this medicine, consult your doctor if you have any reaction on the skin.
- For children, this medication is sensitive, without a prescription do not give it to your child.
- The quality of the medication may decrease if you crush or chew it.
- Alcohol and Codeine can not be taken at a time. It may be harmful to your body.
- You should know whether this medication will decrease fertility in men and women or not. Go to the doctor and have a discussion about the risks of taking codeine.
- If you are pregnant or going to be pregnant or in the lactating stage, consult your doctor or pharmacist about whether you will take it or not.
Taking It During Pregnancy And Lactation:
A pregnant lady should take only the prescribed medicine.
Breastfeeding makes a bond between you and your baby. Your breast milk boosts your baby’s immunity to protect her from infections. Do not take any medicine without consulting your doctor during the lactating stage. Because If you take the medication, the baby sucks your breast and gets some component of it that may affect the baby’s health.
If your baby is feeling any severe side effects, go to your doctor and take advice from him.
Storage Of The Medicine:
Every patient should take care of how to store the medicine in a safe place before or after using it. Some points are noted:
- Keep this medication in a clean place at room temperature.
- Your children can not reach the medicine.
- It cannot be taken in-car dashboard because it may affect the medicine quality.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does medicine make you Constipated?
Yes, Codeine causes constipation in the patient. The absorption of the drug is a delay in the body. Lack of water forms the hardening of stool and constipation. The doctor advises the patient to drink plenty of water while taking the medication.
Can every patient take the same dose of the medicine?
This drug is used for the treatment of moderate to severe pain. The dosage depends upon several factors of the patient, such as the physical condition, mental condition, age, etc.
- Adults (at the age of 18 years to 40 years): The doctor prescribes one or two tablets of 30 mg every 4 hours; a maximum intake of 240 mg in 24 hours according to the severity of pain.
- Children (at the age of 12 years to 17 years): The doctor prescribes one or two tablets of 30 mg with an interval of 6 hours.
- Elderly: The doctor guides the patient who has a problem with kidney or liver disease. The doctor recognizes the elder who has no health issues can take 15 mg tablets every 4 hours.
Will Codeine affect fertility in men or women?
There is no exact cause to show human fertility. Complicated infertility can not be found if anyone takes it for a short time and at a lower dose. There may be a problem if this medication is used for a long time. When you are trying to get pregnant, speak to your doctor if you are not able to get pregnant.