Paxil is approved by the (Food and Drug Administration) FDA. This medication is used for the treatment of anxiety issues and depression disorder. This medicine is also directed to treat panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, premenstrual dysphoric disorder, and anxiety disorders. If you are allergic to the drug then tell your doctor about it. Your doctor may suggest you some similar medications like Ativan, Klonopin, Valium, Luvox, and Lexapro.
Showing all 6 results
Paxil is prescribed for the treatment of depression. Its generic drug is Paroxetine. This goes under the class of drugs known as Selective Serotonin Reuptake inhibitors. The use of this medicine is allowed in 1992 in the USA. WHO has marked it as an essential drug.
This medicine is also directed to treat panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, premenstrual dysphoric disorder, and anxiety disorders. Buy Paxil online for curing anxiety disorder and panic disorder.
There are different forms and various doses of this medicine available. The variety of doses are;
- Paxil 5 mg: This is a pink color tablet in a round shape. It has 5 written on it. This is the lowest available dose of Paxil.
- Paxil 10 mg: It is a brown-yellow colored, sphere-shaped tablet with 10 and PAXIL debossed on two opposite sides of it.
- Paxil 20 mg: This is a pink-colored tablet of a sphere shape. It has PAXIL written on one side of it. On the other side, it has 20 written on it. Paxil 20 mg is the lowest directed dose.
- Paxil 25 mg: Paxil 25 mg is a round-shaped tablet of pink color. It has PAXIL CR and 25 written on two opposite sides of it.
- Paxil 30 mg: This is a blue-colored sphere-shaped tablet with PAXIL, 30 written on two opposite sides of it.
- Paxil 40 mg: It is a green-colored tablet that comes in a sphere shape. It has PAXIL and 40 written on two opposite sides of it. This is the highest available dose of Paxil.
How Does It Work?
It works by affecting the secretion of a neurotransmitter known as serotonin. This hormone works for sleep, mood, appetite, energy, and other bodily functions. This helps to reduce stress and anxiety and uplifts mood. This may help you to have an interest in your everyday life.
How Long Does It Stay In The Body?
The effectiveness of this stays for up to 20 to 21 hours in the body. But within 5 to 6 hours of consumption, its effectiveness is at the top. Some particles of it can be found in various parts of the body for 4 to 6 days after the last use.
How To Use It?
Use of this medicine should be done in the exact way you are directed to use it by your doctor or healthcare provider. Do not increase or decrease the doses on your own.
Your doctor will change the doses in the necessary conditions. The number of doses is decided by observing the patient’s age, other health conditions, and response to the treatment.
It is taken orally. Normally, it is used once a day.
Do not stop Paxil abruptly after taking it for a long period, it will develop withdrawal symptoms. The withdrawal symptoms are headache, mood swings, sleep changes, tiredness, and brief feelings similar to electric shock. So consult your doctor when you want to stop taking it.
Consuming this medicine can cause some side effects. Some of them are risky and others are not risky for life. If you experience any serious issues, stop taking it and consult your doctor immediately. You also need to visit your doctor if the casual side effects do not go away or bother you.
Some casual side effects are;
- Vision changes
- Sleep problems
- Loss of appetite
- Dry mouth
- Decreased sex drive
- Abnormal ejaculation
- Difficulty having an orgasm
Certain side effects which can cause serious issues in the body are;
- Racing thoughts
- Decreased need for sleep
- Unusual risk-taking behavior
- Feelings of extreme happiness or sadness
- Being more talkative than usual
- Blurred vision
- Tunnel vision
- Eye pain or swelling
- Seeing halos around lights
- Changes in weight
- Unusual bone pain or tenderness
- Swelling or bruising
- Changes in appetite
- Unusual bleeding from your nose, mouth, vagina, or rectum
- Coughing up blood
- Rigid muscles
- High fever
- Fast or uneven heartbeats
- Slurred speech
- Severe weakness
- Loss of coordination
- Feeling unsteady
Missed A Dose?
If you have forgotten to take a dose in the directed time then take it as soon as you remembered. But if the time is nearer to the time to take the next dose, then do not consume the skipped dose. Take the usual dose
Overdosing of this medicine can have serious indications like nausea, coma, tremor, confusion, tachycardia, vomiting, and dizziness If someone has consumed an overdose and is going through such symptoms, then immediately take them to a doctor for urgent treatment or call the poison help center.
Warnings And Precautions:
Alcohol, marijuana, or any kind of alcoholic substance is not allowed during the consumption period of this medicine. some precautions and warnings before taking this medication.
- Avoid driving or operating heavy machines while consuming this medicine. You should not do any kind of work which needs alertness.
- If you get allergies after using this, then stop taking it and consult your doctor.
- Pregnant women are not directed to take this medicine. Talk to your doctor about it and ask for some alternatives. If you get pregnant or planning to be, then inform the doctor or your healthcare provider immediately about it.
- This passes through breastmilk. If you are a breastfeeding mother, consult your doctor about the consumption of this medicine.
There are some diseases that can get worse or can create problems in the body with the use of this medicine. Such diseases are;
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- A stroke
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
- A bleeding or blood clotting disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Drug addiction
- Narrow-angle glaucoma
- Suicidal thoughts
- Sexual problems
- Low levels of sodium in your blood
Make sure your doctor or pharmacist knows if you have any of the above diseases before prescribing you this medicine
You should inform your doctor if you are going through any medications. There are some other medicines that can have an impact on the effectiveness of this medicine. Some medicines can cause various serious issues in the body when interacting with Paxil.
Those medicines are;
- AIDS medicine
- Heart rhythm medicine
- Other antidepressants
Keep this medicine in a cool, dry place at room temperature. Moisture and direct sunlight can damage the medicines, so keep away from those. Keep the medicines in an airtight box. Children should stay away from this. You never use expired and unused medicines and through them in a safe place where your children can not reach there. You can also ask the pharmacist or the local disposal factory for it.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do side effects last after stopping Paxil?
In some persons, the side effects of stopping Paxil stop after 5 to 6 days of its last use. But a new study has found that these symptoms can last up to 91 days. The withdrawal symptoms peak in 4 to 5 days.
How long does it take Paxil to work for anxiety?
The generic drug of Paxil is Paroxetine which works in the brain by enhancing the secretion of serotonin. This helps to treat Anxiety. Paxil takes 4 to 6 weeks to work for anxiety.
Will the drug make you gain weight?
This medicine helps you to stay relaxed and happy. Like other SSRIs, Paxil does make you gain some weight.
How does alcohol interact with the drug?
People taking Paxil should avoid alcohol and other types of alcoholic substances. Alcohol worsens the conditions of depression. And it also reduces the effectiveness of Paxil.